Wednesday, 5 September 2007

Textile Design and Embroidery Inspired by India

Since 1997 as part of my Research into World Embroidery for City and Guilds Part II in Embroidery, I became inspired in my own textile work, with the textiles and embroidery techniques of India.

Have started this blog to record my own development, often slow over the last ten years. When I finished my City and Guilds I did a one year part-time course at Leeds College of Art and Design in printmaking. Loved the course but had to get back to full-time work so creative work took a bit of a nose dive for a while.

More recent work has been to do with developing my hand stitching through Kantha Work. I give talks on my work, mainly to members of the Embroidery Guild.

Next talk will be at the Penistone Embroiderers Guild on the 26th September 7.00 pm

No comments: